The countryside on the island is beautiful with amazing olive groves, and fantastic scenery.
1. Pelekas: This village is about 12km from Corfu town and is considered to offer the best sunset in Corfu, therefore it is visited by a lot of people during summer evenings. A small hill, called Kaizer’s throne, offers amazing views to the north and west of the island as well as to mainland Greece and Albania. The beaches are amazing, too!
2. Sinarades: Yet another picturesque village about 12 km from the town centre. A folklore museum is located in the village which is definitely worth a visit. Sinarades’ beach is sandy and very popular.
3. Benitses: Once a fishing village, but now a popular resort! Stroll around the village, taste fresh fish in one of its well-know tavernas and don’t miss its panygiri (festival) on 16th-17th July!
4. Liapades: This village is close to famous Paleokastritsa beach. It is quiet and retains the traditional architecture. Ideal for hiking with a number of paths to follow.
5. Old Perithia Village: A unique place to visit on the north-east of Corfu. A ‘ghost’ village that has recently been brought to life and is a preserved village of about 100 stone houses and 8 churches! Wander around and enjoy a traditional meal in one of the few tavernas. You are bound to fall in love with the place!