Choosing between Corfu’s beaches is not an easy task. In general, the Western side of the island has magnificent long sandy beaches (and cooler waters), while the East side is home to pebbly beaches.
1. Issos beach situated on the south west of the island, Issos is a long sandy beach which remains largely unspoilt. There are a few sunbeds and parasols available to rent as well as a handful of tavernas.
2. Halikounas beach also in the south west, it stretches for more than 3 km! It is ideal for those into kite and windsurfing but also to families (shallow waters) and anyone looking for a peaceful beach off the beaten track.
3. Paleokastritsa & caves Paleokastritsa beach is one of the most popular and thus crowded beaches on the island renowned for its ice cold waters. Don’t miss a boat trip to the caves and remote beaches of Rovinia and Paradise – Heaven on earth, indeed!
4. Agios Stefanos is a long sandy beach about 40 km north west of Corfu. This lovely sandy beach has crystal waters and is ideal for families.
5. Agios Georgios Pagi Cold, clear, deep waters surrounded lush greenery. Situated on the northwest of the island it offers itself for a day trip