Top 5 flavours to taste in Corfu
Apart from the usuall Greek food, in Corfu you can try the following local dishes:
1. Ginger beer: This is not actually a beer but a locally produced fizzy drink!
2. Corfu beer: How about a pint of fresh locally produced beer? Yes, fresh! It can be consumed within 3 months of the production date and tastes amazing!
3. Sofrito: A garlic-sauce veal dish served with chips or rice. Yummy!
4. Pastitsada: The locals have pastitsada on special occasions! Veal or rooster in spicy red sauce served with pasta. Do not leave the island unless you try it!
5. Fresh fish: Found in all tavernas everyday! Try it grilled (with olive oil, lemon and oregano) or fried at unbeatable prices!